Please read the entirety of this “Disclaimer” for OATH.eco, “the Website.” Nothing herein constitutes legal, financial, business or tax advice and you should consult your own legal, financial, tax or other professional advisor(s) before engaging in any activity in connection herewith. Neither the Byte Masons team, OATH Token Limited, or the OATH Foundation, any of the project team members who have worked on any OATH protocols or projects to develop the OATH ecosystem in any way whatsoever, any distributor/vendor of OATH tokens, including without limitation OATH Token Limited and/or the OATH Foundation, nor any service provider shall be liable for any kind of direct or indirect damage or loss whatsoever which you may suffer in connection with accessing the website at OATH.eco or any other websites or materials published by the Byte Masons team, the OATH Foundation, and/or OATH Token Limited.
These terms and conditions govern the use of the Website, which is an experimental platform for decentralized governance of the OATH Ecosystem. The platform is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
The Website is provided without any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. The Byte Masons team, OATH Token Limited, and the OATH Foundation makes no representations or warranties in relation to the platform and its availability or reliability. Nothing on the website constitutes any offer by the Byte Masons team, the OATH Foundation, and/or OATH Token Limited team to sell any OATH tokens nor shall it or any part of it nor the fact of its presentation form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with, any contract or investment decision. Nothing contained on the website is or may be relied upon as a promise, representation or undertaking as to the future performance of the OATH ecosystem. The agreement between any third party and you, in relation to any sale, purchase, or other distribution or transfer of OATH tokens, is to be governed only by the separate terms and conditions of such agreement.
The information set out on the website is for community discussion only and is not legally binding. No person is bound to enter into any contract or binding legal commitment in relation to the acquisition of OATH tokens, and no virtual currency or other form of payment is to be accepted on the basis of the website.
Deemed Representations and Warranties
- In any decision to procure any OATH tokens, you shall not rely on any statement set out on the website or the associated social media channels thereof;
- You will and shall at your own expense ensure compliance with all laws, regulatory requirements and restrictions applicable to you (as the case may be);
- You acknowledge, understand and agree that OATH tokens may have no value, there is no guarantee or representation of value or liquidity for OATH tokens, and OATH tokens are not an investment product including for any speculative investment;
- None of the Byte Masons team, the OATH Foundation, and/or OATH Token Limited team shall be responsible for or liable for the value of OATH tokens, the transferability and/or liquidity of OATH tokens and/or the availability of any market for OATH tokens through third parties or otherwise;
- You acknowledge, understand and agree that you are not eligible to obtain any OATH tokens if you are (a) an individual or corporate body included in the consolidated list published by the United Nations Security Council of individuals or entities subject to measures imposed by the United Nations Security Council accessible at https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/content/un-sc-consolidated-list or (b) a citizen, national, resident (tax or otherwise), domiciliary and/or green card holder of (i) any of the following countries: Algeria, Afghanistan, Bolivia, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Colombia, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Crimea, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Donetsk People’s Republic, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Liberia, Luhansk People’s Republic, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestinian Territories, Republic of Belarus, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan (incl. Darfur), Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen and Zimbabwe; or (ii) any other geographic area or country (A) where it is likely that the sale of OATH tokens would be construed as the sale of a security (howsoever named), financial service or investment product or (B) where participation in token sales is prohibited by applicable law, decree, regulation, treaty, or administrative act; and to this effect you agree to provide all such identity verification document when requested in order for the relevant checks to be carried out;
- You nor any of your affiliates or direct or indirect beneficial owners, if applicable; (i) appears on the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List of the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the United States Department of the Treasury (“OFAC”), the EU consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to financial sanctions, the UK Consolidated List of Financial Sanctions Targets, nor are they otherwise a party with which the OATH Foundation and/or OATH Token Limited team is prohibited to deal under the laws of the United States, the EU (or any of its Member States), or the UK; or (ii) is a person identified as a terrorist organization on any other relevant lists maintained by any governmental authority; and
- You represent and warrant that, if applicable, you: (a) have conducted thorough due diligence with respect to all of your beneficial owners; (b) have established the identities of all direct and indirect beneficial owners and the source of each beneficial owners’ funds; and (c) will retain evidence of those identities, any source of funds and any due diligence.
No regulatory authority has examined or approved, whether formally or informally, of any of the information set out on the website. No such action or assurance has been or will be taken under the laws, regulatory requirements or rules of any jurisdiction. The publication, distribution or dissemination of the website does not imply that the applicable laws, regulatory requirements or rules have been complied with.
Change to Terms
The Byte Masons team, the OATH Foundation, and/or OATH Token Limited reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Continued use of the Protocol following such changes constitutes acceptance of the modified terms. There are no obligations to update the whitepaper or the website, or to provide recipients with access to any information beyond what is provided herein.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Cayman Islands.
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions, the Protocol, or any related transactions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Cayman Islands courts.
The Website and its content are protected by intellectual property laws, and all rights, title, and interest in and to the platform and its content shall remain with the OATH Foundation team.
Forward Looking Statements
All statements contained herein, statements made in press releases or in any place accessible by the public and oral statements that may be made by the Byte Masons team, OATH Token Limited, and/or OATH Foundation, may constitute forward-looking statements (including statements regarding intent, belief or current expectations with respect to market conditions, business strategy and plans, financial condition, specific provisions and risk management practices). You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements given that these statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual future results to be materially different from that described by such forward-looking statements, and no independent third party has reviewed the reasonableness of any such statements or assumptions.
No part of the website is to be copied, reproduced, distributed or disseminated in any way without the prior written consent of the Byte Masons team, OATH Token Limited, and/or OATH Foundation.